iMac i5 graphics card is it enough for VW and renderworks

I am about to sell my soul and buy into the Mac world in the form of an iMac i5 as my current laptop won't render effectively and is a bit jumpy with big (3D) VW files.

I have read the specs but am none the wiser really on whether it will be good enough (3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2560 x 1440 resolution

8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, 8x double-layer, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB.)

Can anyone advise?

I have had both i5 and i7 video cards in 2 successive macs. Seems to me the i5 was more stable, less dropout when zooming and no fading of the screen when I went off the paper, albeit a might slower. I left my i5 in Sweden and have my new i7 in NY. I need to check my Sketchup 3d and will repost. Anyone have similar issues with the i7?

ww

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Update re. i5 vs i7. Previous comments I made should be reviewed with the following considerations: The trouble I had with my core i7 and VW 2009 have been alleviated by an upgrade to VW 2010. I have 30 days to find the $ to upgrade. But, the core i7 is working very well with a noticeable speed increase over the core i5. Hope this helps!

ww