Sign in to follow this  
philipb

Google Sketchup not rendering

Newbie here so please forgive any faux pas. I searched the forums but could not find an answer.

If I import a Google SketchUp item into VW-2010 I get the 3D wireframe & default rendering but do not seem to get the textures & detail from the original. This is true even when opening files directly downloaded from Google Warehouse.

If I open the files in SketchUp (I do not have Pro) and export to DWG then import into VW I do get the render detail.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. PB

Not importing the textures is just the way it works. My guess is that it may be due to the nature of SketchUP textures.

off topic but ..... If you don't have Sketchup Pro, then how do you export the files into DWG format ? I have the free Sketchup ver 6 and it does not export to dwg.

thanks for the tip on the plugin ... however ... it doesn't seem to work with Sketchup v6 (Windows) and I have now tried tweice on two different days to download Sketchup v7 and it doesn't download. Is this my problem or is Google having issues?

thanks for the tip on the plugin ... however ... it doesn't seem to work with Sketchup v6 (Windows) and I have now tried tweice on two different days to download Sketchup v7 and it doesn't download. Is this my problem or is Google having issues?

It works with SU6 on my PC. You will find the plugin command under tools dropdown menu ...

Edited by starling75