Another missing 'feature' in VW9

Note that there's a keyboard shortcut you can use to set a datum, regardless of the 'Use floating datum' preference setting. In the standard workspace, the key is 'G'.

You'll also want to make sure that the 'Smart Points' constraint on the constraint palette is selected.

Ok, this is probably a feature that most users either don't use, or don't know about, but....

In 8.5.2 and all previous versions, one could set a temporary guideline by simply dragging the pointer back and forth over a single point. The coordinates in the top bar would change from the world coordinates to x=0, y=0, etc. By tabbing through the upper coordinates, one could set the temporary guideline to, for example, 4" when inserting a door symbol into a wall. Please reintroduce this feature into the program (or tell me where it has moved).

I've used the program since MiniCAD 5, and have become accustomed to that adding of features over the years, including the introduction of the resource palatte. In general, though, after a couple of days on VW9, I'm displeased with the removal of several key features that I have become accustomed to. Yes, the trim tool was confusing in 5-6-7-8, but I am satisfied to hear that the command-T is being reintroduced, as I used it often. I also welcome the introduction of the break line tool in VW9. I would, however, like to see the old extend tool come back (echoing others).

Regards,

Brooks Howell