Moving constrained walls

I'm fairly new to architect (been using Spotlight for a while) so am working on a few projects to get me going.

I've got the basic model of my house drawn up, and have constrained the walls to each other on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors, and have put in associative dimensions for all of them as well.

My issue is that when I alter the associative dimensions, I either get an error message (not compatible with other constraints already in the drawing), or the program just crashes and quits.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, then help would be most appreciated. I seem to be coping with everything else just fine but this is killing me as I have to reload the program each time I try something new to resolve it!

Cheers.

--

VW 2010, Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard

You have created a situation where the objects are completely constrained so you can't change anything.

1. You probably don't want to apply constrains to your walls. Wall will automatically join together without constraints. Then when you move a wall the other(s) will automatically adjust to match.

2. Associative Dimensions use constraints to do what they do.

3. If you remove the wall constraints (did you use the constrain coincident?) you may have to also remove the associative dimensions and redo them. If you put in two many dimensions you may create a situation where changing one dimension will also require the change of another and you can still get the error message.

I have not see the quit on constraints, but I don't use them very often.