VW2010 - emitting light from LEDs

Hi folks,

Maybe a dumb question here, I am in the early days with Renderworks 2010 and got caught up on one little thing:

I've got a whole rig of conventionals, movers and LEDs built. Everything's working and rendering fine, beams, fog, gobos, light pools etc., the only thing I can't seem to do is view the light on the actual surface of my LED fixtures. That is to say, I get a beam off the fixture just fine, but can't seem to find the setting to show the glow of the fixture itself.

I'm trying to demonstrate the idea of a matrix effect to a client and obviously the beams FROM the lights aren't much help.

Am I overlooking something simple?

Thanks,

- G

Light sources dont actually "glow"

Look at the Library of Electrical-Accurate Lamps in the Objects-Building Services folder.

These are a light object inside a "shape" object.

If you model the body of a LED symbol (say a sphere) and apply the Lamp Material texture to it then place the light object inside that (then make a Symbol of both the body and the Light) you should get something like you want.

N.

Edited by propstuff