zoom command key

is there a command or command option key combination for zoom out (and/or in) or that automatically selects the zoom tool.

Most graphics programs I run, in addition to a "fit to window" command which I have found as Cmd 0 in vectorworks also have a command key that would take you up or down a level of magnification (often Cmd + and Cmd - ) and or have an option key combination that toggles to the zoom marquis and then back to the tool you were working with when you release.

can't find any documentation of anything like this in the manual for my version (Mac 9.5.3)

Thanks,

Brian

Also double-click on the c key to zoom in double. Single click on it to call the tool.

I assume you're talking about Vectorworks version 9.5.3 and not Mac OS (Classic) of that version as I vaguely recall the latest classic was 9.5.2.

This topic reminds me of how the default keyboard shortcuts in v2010 have been modified (from v2008 for me as I skipped versions) to something that's now less accessible. A while back (probably true in v9) the v key used to be zoom out. A double hit on it was a double zoom out. But I kept mine in interactive mode whereas the c key I kept in marquee mode. It was a truly snappy approach if you're right handed controlling the cursor with the other hand.

any one please,

I have vw2009, but every time I zoom in, the image get lost,

and I have to switch to pan to recover it (using mouse scrooll wheel)

but this is to much waist of time.

can any one help me if is something about configuration,

becuase I try to configurate in different ways the mouse and the zoom

but still the same.

on the other hand, with vw2008 have no problem at all.

thanks.

macBook pro 2.53, 4 mb ram

Snow leopard

CIVILGT, are you talking about super tight zoom in? What's the zoom scale shown in the View Bar (one of several fields above main drawing, below window title) when the image gets lost?

The percentage can also be manually typed in. Can you try typing in higher and higher zoom percentages until the image disappears ? then report the percentage that triggers the disappearance?

Thanks,

this hapen with the most minimum movement of the scroll,

no matter if is high or low.

what happen is that in the screen when I zoom in or out,

part of the drawing just vanishing and there are some parts that remains, and I can get them back just by click the pan tool and clicking again on the screen.

In my version 2008 I dont have this problem.

thanks again.