Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Generic solids

Yancka

I've found that making drawing with custom PIOs containing complex 3D objects results in quite large file sizes. Therefore I decided that will convert the solid subtraction to generic solid. And doing so indeed reduces the file size much.

The problem is with process of converting solid into a generic one. Since I didn't find appropriate function/procedure, I managed to get it with:

DoMenuTextByName('Convert to Generic Solids',0);

After inserting this line in PIO's code, the result is achieved, but also 2 warning messages appear:

1. when PIO is inserted first time or LineLength is changed, the message states that there are selected also objects which can't be converted and they are deselected now. How to make selection by handle of an object and as a result have selected 1 object?

2. When PIO's parameters get changed, appears warning message about not being able to edit solid once it is generic.

Any ideas on how to make generic solid without these warning messages?

Actually one part of problem was that at the beginning the 3D object is simple extrude which cannot be converted to generic solid. Therefore was that 1st message.

The only current issue is with "Convert to Generic Solids" command. VW Help states that after applying command on valid 3D object "A warning dialog box opens. Click OK to convert the object(s)."

Is there a way to get rid of this warning message?

Problem solved. It was Issue Undo Warning setting in VW Session preferences.

Solution in code:

VAR
InitialIssueUndoWarningsStatus : BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
InitialIssueUndoWarningsStatus:=GetPref(19);
SetPref(19,false);
DoMenuTextByName('Convert to Generic Solids',0);
SetPref(19,InitialIssueUndoWarningsStatus);
END;

Edited by Yancka