Better Grass

JSiegel

You need to create a texture from the image file. In the Resource Browser there are two triangles at the upper right. Click on the bottom one and choose "New resource in (file name)...Renderworks Texture".

In the edit texture dialog box, name the new texture, then click on Color: and choose image color. You can navigate to your image file.

Ray thanks, in DLVP it looks great, just like the imported image. But in my SLVP rendering the "grass" looks like a flat green surface. Do I edit color, reflectivity,transparency or bump to get a similar look in the SLVP? & is there a setting you have used. I saw some of the images from a prior post on a grass tennis court that looked nice. (see screen shot) TY Jeremy

Are the render modes and settings for the DLVP and SLVP exactly the same?

BTW you can make very nice grass textures (for longer distance views) from the "Granite" shader by changing the sizes and all the colours to greens and a brown or so. This has the huge advantage of having to tiling lines at all

Edited by propstuff

Propstuff, the render modes were not the same. In fact it was not a DLVP, rather a Design Layer. The "grass" texture appears as per the image texture in plan view when I was looking to edit it. (See prior screen shot). In the SLVP it looks like the attached screen shot. I am close to finishing this rendering so any help with the grass is greatly appreciated? Detailed settings on "granite" or editing the present lawn? Whichever will get me a decent lawn, I am ok with. TY Jeremy