Hidden Lines in Foreground Render

JSiegel

Hi all, I am looking to use "Hidden Lines" as foreground rendering over "Final Quality Renderworks" (see attached screen shot). As my model is not perfectly constructed or in some cases the floor slab is reading thru, is there a way to simply remove the offending lines? TY Jeremy

Hello Jeremy

Perhaps someone mory experienced can answer you better but here is what my small experience taught me.

1) that should not be appening since vectorworks sould "glue" it correctly but you can try to verify in plan view if all floors match correctly. sometimes a slitly difference makes that kind of errors.

2) but in these ocations i do the folow

A)place the floor to the limit of the internal wall and make the walls from the upper floor start at the floor level (since i do not know how your file is organized i supose you divide floors and floors so make the walls from the upper floor match the floor level in this case only in the 1st floor )

B)Verify if no other object is matching or crossing the external face of the walls

was i too confused ? if so share your drawing that i would do it myself and explain it better.

p.s. 1 You could also "add solids" those walls and floors but that smply would ruin your 2d presentation he!he!he!

p.s. 2 sorry for my bad english

Peter, A belly board could work in this application. I will try the offset as well. I was hoping there was a solution that simply extracted the hidden lines, that I could then "explode" (to use an old ACAD term) and then edit and lay over the top of the rendering.TY J

Orlando, your English is 100x better than my Portuguese. I may offset the floor as you recommend. Obrigado J

Hello Jeremy and Cipes

For me its easier to shorten the floor object. Vectorworks will no longer find those external lines so it will no longer has the need to draw them.

Because os this things that i started to use a solid color for my section fill walls. those errors do not appear anymore he!he!he!

after post your image to see the results.

Obrigado :)

Hi all, I came across another workable solution.

1) Render the image as hidden line only

2) Print to PDF

3) Import the PDF into a new file & ungroup/edit the pdf (lines)

4) Group and copy back into the original file

5) Lay line work on top of SLVP rendering in "Final Quality Renderworks.

Maybe many of you do this already, but it works in a pinch if your model is a little wonky. See attached screen shot. TY Jeremy

You can also simply duplicate the viewport (and move it to one side for ease of working if desired), render it in Hidden Line, then do Convert to Group. This will convert the HL-rendered viewport to a group of editable vector lines which you can re-work as desired and then move back on top of the first viewport.

Dan Jansenson