Layer Appearance in Viewports

In the Viewport Layers Properties dialog box (select the viewport and click the Layers button in the Object Info Palette), you can set any layer to Use Layer Color and override that color to black and white.

Just click in the column to the right of the Layer Name to tell that layer to use Layer Colors. Select the Layer and click Edit to bring up the Edit Viewport Design Layers dialog box. Click the Colors button to select the Layer Colors to use in the viewport.

Pat you are the vectorworks master. That is exactly what I have been trying to do! This makes my day.

I just get all these different building drawing for events where I don't need to see the cyan color of a class because it doesn't effect me, but I want the class on.

Thanks for the help on this.

• 6 years later...

This is an old thread I know, we use layer colour overrides in viewports successfully to show demolished and new works with 2D layers. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the layer colour override should wprk for Section Viewports as well,  so we can do the same thing with elevations generated from our model? - it doesn't seem to work for me at the moment?