Object stacking order

Both objects and layers can be stacked, but the layer stacking will supersede objects. In other words, you can move 2D objects in the same layer to different relative positions by way of the Send sub menu in the Tool Menu, but your layers must also be in a discrete order. The farthest back object in your top layer, will always appear on top of the front most layer of next layer down.

You can modify the order in which the layers are stacked by using the up and down buttons in the layer setup dialog.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:
Is the inability to modify the stacking order of objects on layers other than the current one a safeguard? It would be nice to be able to modify that order without constantly changing the current layer.

Yep, that sounds about right. The context check is proabably done against the active layer not the layer that the object resides in.

I will buglist that.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:
Yes, I know about layer stacking.I'm referring to the stacking order of two objects, both in the same layer, but not the current layer. I can't change their stacking order unless I switch the current layer to the layer of those objects, in which case the 'bring to front/back' works fine.