Um... I was talking about the trim _tool_, not the menu command. In 852, I never used the trim tool because of the problem noted above. I always used the menu command. Unless I've been smoking weed, 901 had removed the menu command trim. After your comment, I checked the wspace editor and found, much to my delight, that the command is again here, perhaps after returning in 9.5.

Even though the cmd-t requires a selection to work, it works on walls -- unlike the trim tool (contrary to what 901's manual says).

Oh in that case I'll look into it... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Right, the trim tool in the 9.5 betas should work exactly the same as it did in 9.0.1. You simply select the tool and then click on the segment you want to remove. It will automatically find the nearest intersections and trim up to that point.This is exactly like doing a select all and using the trim tool in version 8.

AFAIK this is how the behavior will stay in the final release of 9.5 as we have not received a large number of complaints about it as we did on the menu command form of the Trim tool.

You should be able to go back to using the Trim command in the menu in the final version of 9.5. I don't believe that the Trim tool is going to be changed for this version.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:
Um... I was talking about the trim _tool_, not the menu command. In 852, I never used the trim tool because of the problem noted above. I always used the menu command. Unless I've been smoking weed, 901 had removed the menu command trim. After your comment, I checked the wspace editor and found, much to my delight, that the command is again here, perhaps after returning in 9.5.Even though the cmd-t requires a selection to work, it works on walls -- unlike the trim tool (contrary to what 901's manual says).

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]

As of beta 7, the Trim menu command does not work 100% the same as the Trim menu command in version 8. Right now when you use command-T or ctrl-t in 9.5b7 you have to have a selection of some kind to make the command available, press the command or use the menu, then click on the line you wish to trim with.

I understand this is not exactly what users have been requesting and it has been brought to the appropriate engineers attention.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I had the feeling that most users wanted to simply select the line they wanted to trim with and use the command. No other actions involved.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:
9.5.0b7Is there any way to specify the 'cutting' edges when using the trim tool? Currently, the tool behaves as though all objects in the drawing have been selected as being cutting edges.

Matthew, the samuri is talking about the trim tool, not the trim command.

I've noticed this behavior too. I think in 8 you could select a line or several lines and then use the trim tool to cut to these lines only. As it is in 9, the trim tool cuts only to the next intersection with an object weather selected or not.

Personally I like the behavior in 8 better.

cool.gif" border="0