Wall joining broken in v2010?

As far as I know, 3 walls is the limit to a successful join. I am not pleased with this and have submitted several wall join conditions that are difficult or impossible to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net with the hopes of expanding this tool. I think that it is very difficult to imagine all the way we bring walls together and examples are the only way to get this fixed to our satisfaction.

Wish I had better news regarding your joining issue,

Ion

I've just tried Ken's example and can't get it to work either. I've submitted a bug report on it as an example of a wall join context that needs to work.

As Ion has pointed out it is difficult for the programmers to anticipate all of our wall join needs. Submitting real examples is the best way to get improvements.

michaelk,

try your example lining the structural or finish elements up. I realize that the example Ken provided had one wall slightly offset, but the situation is more likely to be aligned. That situation doesn't work in any configuration I can find.

Cheers,

Ion

That's just a non-architectural way of showing walls in plan view.

When I change your drawing (the one with pillar) to an architectural scale (1/4"=1'-0"), line thickness (0.66mm), and eliminate the colors, I get the following. Perhaps trivial to some, but it looks unprofessional to me.

[img:left]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/442/printable.jpg[/img]

Also, I use the pillar solution only in extremely complex intersections. Four simple walls of whatever thickness coming together should NOT require a pillar object.

It should also be noted that we had this same discussion going from v8 to v9 about ten years ago. Then it was vastly improved in v10 or v11. Remember? The solution here right now is to actually export back to v2009 where the wall join tool still works. :whistle:

I think this is as close as it comes without using wall components.

Turning off Auto Join Walls.

Extend the thicker wall to allow for a T-join on both sides.

Make a L join with the co-linear narrower wall (!)

Manually drag it back into its correct position.

I believe the issue is that single component walls need to intersect on a straight line, making staggered joins impossible.