Can you Use Cameras in Plan View to Animate on 2D Layout Plans??

Can you Use Cameras in Plan View and Animate on 2D Layout Plans??

We are a playground company that currently only do 2D bright vibrant layout plans for our play area schemes.

So.... we know you can animate 3d objects for walk throughs BUT can you animate from a camera angle looking down onto the 2d plan from above (no 3d extruded shapes- only splines/shapes etc with filled in hatches and gradients etc..)

We Want To Achieve:

A glide above looking directly down onto the plan and what would be amazing would be if we could zoom in and out at certain points on the plan-- only up and down straight line to see a detail!

Can this be done or do i have to extrude all lines/shapes to be 3d and then it can work???

ANY HELP AND ADVICE WOULD BE SO GREATLY RECIEVED AND APPRECIATED!!!

Many Thanks

Chris Woodward

Pentagon Sport

Senior Playground Designer

I don't think you can do this using the built in VW tools. The animation tools require a perspective view to operate. I tried to set up an animation using three saved views looking directly down on a plan view of Layer Plane objects, but could not eliminate the negative velocities.

Perhaps Julian Carr's Animationworks could do this. Hopefully Julian will chime in.