Disappearing memory

I am running VW9.5b on a PIII 933 with 512MB and win98. Sometimes I keep the system monitor running while working. When I start I have 350+ MB free and the longer I work (with nothing else running) the more memory is used until after a few hours all the free memory is gone. Any ideas?

There are some operations in VectorWorks which can leak memory under windows 95/95/Me and we are implementing fixes for 9.5. I would keep trying later betas, as more leaks are plugged, you should have less problems in this area.

One major thing to watch out for is being in 256 color mode. In 9.0.1 there is a large memory leak associated with this display mode, I do not know if that has been fixed for the 9.5b yet, so I would also be sure to run VectorWorks in 16 bit or 32 bit color.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by AndyM7777:
I am running VW9.5b on a PIII 933 with 512MB and win98. Sometimes I keep the system monitor running while working. When I start I have 350+ MB free and the longer I work (with nothing else running) the more memory is used until after a few hours all the free memory is gone. Any ideas?