Texture Logic_Roofs

JSiegel

Hi All,

I am drawing gable end walls and extruding them then adding a siding texture. In the attached screen shot there are (2) gable end walls shown each an "extrude" with "part" overall texture applied. In (1) instance the entire extrude receives the texture in the other only the edges? Not sure why?

Additionally, the floor slab was drawn as an extrude that become a solid subtraction when I cut a portion out of it. The applied texture for the solid subtraction disappeared? Any help adding a texture to an individual face of an extrude or solid subtraction is appreciated. TY Jeremy

Jeremy,

Seems to me that the original 2D polygon used to create the extruded "gable end walls" may not be closed.

Double-click on the extrusion to access the original polygon, then in the Object Info palette make sure the Closed checkbox is selected; see if that works.

Dan Jansenson

Jeremy,

I recently fought with the effect that you have with your slab, and after a while I dicovered, that I somehow accidently had duplicated the Slab in exactly the same position.

When I clicked on the object, I cought the rendered one, showing the Texture in the render tab, but when I rendered the untexured Slab was shown.

Horst M.

Edited by Horst M.

Horst, It is not a "Floor Slab" rather a "Solid Subtraction". I just ran a test & it seems I can apply a texture to the entire solid subtraction but not the individual "Parts". It seems for what I am doing that I am better off extending the First Floor walls up the depth of the Second Floor Slab & drawing the slab on the inside face of the exterior walls. TY Jeremy

Hi jeremy, I missundertstood, and answered to this part of your Post.

Additionally, the floor slab was drawn as an extrude that become a solid subtraction when I cut a portion out of it. The applied texture for the solid subtraction disappeared?

Pardon.

For the texture Problem "mike m oz" recnetly posted this solution:

Convert your Solid Subtraction to a Nurbs (Modify menu). It will actually be a Group of Nurbs Surfaces. If you then enter the Group you will be able to select and apply an individual texture to each of the surfaces.

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=137165&Searchpage=3&Main=28100&Words=texture&Search=true#Post137165

Edited by Horst M.