Search box in class & layer lists

Benson Shaw

Question

Does this already exist? I am tired of scrolling through the long class (and layer) lists. I wish for a search box in the Class (and Layer) pull down menus & tabs in OIP, Viewport Class & Class Overrides, Nav Palette, Org Palette, etc. There is kind of a start to it by keying a few letters, but that only selects a single class which has name starting with keyed letters.

Example, I might want to view the concrete score line classes in the list full of custom and standard class names. Key "scor" in the search box, and the pulldown jumps to & highlights the PPVSCORxxx portion of the list. Multiple areas of the list would highlight if the search term is less specific - eg "CO" would return the scor, con, cont, conc, and all other combos in various areas of the list such as ppv, ptp, etc. Key in PPS and the list auto scrolls to and highlights all the pps items. Other class names would still be visible, just not highlighted.

-B

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet