Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Trouble transferring plug-ins containing chinese characters into 2010

I've recently upgraded from VW 12 fundamentals to VW 2010 Architect. All my plug-ins transferred in perfectly except for the ones containing chinese characters. Specifically my title block and title line marker.

The title line marker was set up so that I could select from a list of english text from my object info pallet which would then automatically translate into chinese characters on the title line marker. Once brought into 2010, I am no longer able to make any changes in the object info palette - including sections containing only english. See image below.

The title block is set up so that I can set the scale, date, exhibit all in the object info palette.The plug in works fine in 2010 but the chinese characters turn into random rectangles (see image below). I should also mention that this plug in is linked to a txt file which contains the exhibit list. The chinese characters were coped in from MS word to text edit in order to generate the chinese encryption (see image below). At least in 12.5, once the encryption was brought back into VW, it would convert back into chinese characters.

I've attached a screenshot of what these symbols look like in 12.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2010_titlelinemkr.jpg

2010_title_blocks.jpg

txtfile.jpg

VW12.jpg