Pantone and Color Manager

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to match a pantone color from my book to a pantone color in my color manager.

I've found the color I want in the book, DS 225-6 C, but no such color exists in my Pantone Colors in the color manager.

I don't need it to be an accurate match, i.e. I'm going to tell my printer the Pantone Color Number, but i'd like to get close.

IS there something I'm missing, or should I just look up the RGB conversion and create custom colors?

Thanks!

Colors are going to vary intensely from one media to the other. Even if the color manager had that pantone color, it would look different on your screen, regardless of whether it was calibrated or not. Pantone colors will only really match when you print on the same substrate that the book you're using came in, ie, coated, uncoated, etc.

As far as trying to replicate a color that isn't in your manager, you could enter the RGB values or do it by eye. Just be aware that when you show it to someone on another screen it probably won't look the same.