Interface woes

This board has gotten another facelift, which may be well and good, BUT, I am experiencing one small problem. The TOPIC lines are displayed as blue-gray letters over a gray background. After I read an item I cannot tell that I have done so by examining the list of TOPIC lines, because, there is no visible change to the appearance of the hyper-linked text. If it has been grayed, I cannot see it. If there is a way for me to set a preference, I do not know it. Do others experience this "feature"? The appearance is the same in AOL's browser, Netscape 6.0 & Internet Explorer 5.

Raymond Mullin

MullinRJ,

Do you have any custom settings in your Internet Options control panel? Are you using a Windows system or a Mac?

I have looked at the page in both IE 6 for Windows, Mozilla, and IE 5 for the Mac and with the default configuration it appears fine.

Almost all browsers allow you to define custom colors to use for hyperlinks that are visited and unvisited. It could be that you have this turned on and set to a color similar to the background.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by MullinRJ:
This board has gotten another facelift, which may be well and good, BUT, I am experiencing one small problem. The TOPIC lines are displayed as blue-gray letters over a gray background. After I read an item I cannot tell that I have done so by examining the list of TOPIC lines, because, there is no visible change to the appearance of the hyper-linked text. If it has been grayed, I cannot see it. If there is a way for me to set a preference, I do not know it. Do others experience this "feature"? The appearance is the same in AOL's browser, Netscape 6.0 & Internet Explorer 5.

Raymond Mullin

Matthew, Thanks for your reply. I am running on a Mac G4 under OS 9.0.4 using AOL's built in browser. I have not changed any internet settings in this or the other two browsers. I get the same display in all browsers. When I looked at the current AOL www advanced settings, the hyperlink color was set to bright blue, and the viewed hyperlink color was set to bright green. However, the NNA Tech Board hyperlink colors both display as a grayish blue. It looks nice, but with no difference in color it is not very usefull. What colors are intended for the Tech Board design? Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Raymond Mullin

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: MullinRJ ]

Hello ,

I find the current message board better than the one before. However there can be indeed a problem when you visited a link.

The people who designed this message board can easily correct this by specifying the color of their links. And in my opinion they should do so. It is easily done in your cascading stylesheets (CSS). The only three styles you have to add is :

A.link{<!-- color of a link -->}A.visited{<!-- color of the link the user visited -->}A.active{<!-- color of the active link -->}

And if you do not believe that, look at a side where I am currently working on :http://www.meetromania.info/and you will find out.

I find this Nemetschek message board a very good place and very valuable. I hope that it will be supported for a very long time.

Friendly greetings,

StarGate grin.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0