My tool sets have disappeared!

I'm using the 2009 version of vectorworks and somehow during a restart, the tool sets (menus on the left side of the screen -- basic, dim/set, etc.) have disappeared and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them to reappear. I have gone through the Help menus and all I see is information on how to edit tool sets that are already visible but no information on how to get a certain tool menu to display. I'm extremely frustrated and would like to continue working!!!

Thanks so much!

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Randy12,

This will be because one of your workspaces has become corrupt.  You will need to reset your user folder by doing the following:

Close Vectorworks > Finder > Go > hold Alt/Option and click Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > rename 2019 to 2019old > open Vectorworks.

• 2 months later...

I'm facing the same problem, I can't find the basic palette.

I just installed Vectorworks on my new mac and I can't find the Basic Palette.

Not even changing Workspace or doing right click on the empty space.

Vectorworks Version: 2019 SP4 (Built 490894) (64-Bit)

Computer: Mojave Version 10.14.6

Any ideas how to solve this?

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 00.13.43.png

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@amoledo & @Justin Paul, try this lightweight version of the full 'Resetting Vectorworks Preferences' process: 

1. In Vectorworks go: Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences… 
  2. In the User Folder tab, click on 'Reveal in Finder' (Mac) or 'Explore…' (Windows)
  3. Quit Vectorworks then…
  4. In the Finder / File Explorer window you just opened, add something like an 'x' or the word 'old' to the 'Settings' folder's name. 
  5. Open Vectorworks. 
  • If this works, one of your Vectorworks preference files is corrupt. ️ Be sure to set up your Vectorworks preferences again to suit your needs. 
  • If it doesn't work, quit Vectorworks, change the name back, then try the above process with the 'Workspaces' folder instead.