Adding Image to Curtain

Rob -

Your question was specifically about the Spotlight Curtain object and I didn't really have any words of wisdom, there, and didn't want to divert your thread. Now that you've gotten your question answered, some other thoughts from my end...:

Similar questions to yours werensome of the reasons I started working on my own curtain tool a few years ago. I wanted curtains to which it was easier to apply images and control mapping (mainly, scale and position). I also wanted the option of seeing the 2D "wave" in drawings, but (at the same time) having a flat 3D surface so things like painted/printed drops would render correctly. Thus, the birth of what is now the SoftGoods tool. Though it now developed into much more (like pipe-and-drape and curved curtains), at its core was my desire for "simple stuff" more aligned to my needs. If you do a lot of this sort of thing, you might want to give it a look. It might be worth your spending half a day's per diem to save you a little time. ;-)

Anyway, there's my $.02...