Plant tag lines: periodically missing printing from PDF

I have a planting plans that I have created PDF's from, one in B&W one in colour.

On the printed colour one, not all of the 'plant to elbow' tag lines are being printed but they ARE showing clearly on PDF on screen. The B&W one prints fine, no missing lines at all. Both were printed on the exact same machine.

I understand some printers can't print lines as fine as 0.05 but then why are any of the lines printing when they are all the same line width?

That said how can I change the line width for all the tag lines to something wider than 0.13. Attribute palette won't allow me to change the line width and changing it in class and updating objects changes the fill, which is not what I want at all.

I am serious hoping not to have to redo all the plan/plants

Edited by GardenGirl

I'm not sure about the printitng problem, it does seem like it might be something to do with the line width. I have made thicker plant tags before by creating another class for plant tags, (simplest way is to duplicate the orginal plant tag layer and change the name, then giving this class a thicker line. To set the plants you want to have this thicker tag line go to Edit/Definition on the plants and then go to default prefs then change the Tag Class from the drop down menu to the new class you have created. You might have to replace the plant to get it to show up.