RENDERWORKS TEXTURES NOT RENDERING

Hi There,

I have a student who has built and textured a model, which is looking great, however there are two objects in the scene which are not rendering properly. They are simple extruded objects, formed from closed polygons, with a solid fill, and a texture applied, but are only rendering as a solid colour.

I have tried re-building the renderworks texture (which is applied to other objects in the scene and renders fine), and also re-drawing the objects, but we do not seem to be having any luck.

The model has been created in VW 2009.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick

I have no idea why this solution works, but I just tested it (in VW 2010) and it does.

Select the extrude that isn't rendering.

In the OIP click on the Render tab.

Switch the Map Type from Plane to Perimeter. Texture will appear. Switch back to Plane and it stays.

Sometimes you have to switch it back and for a few times for it to "catch".

Don't know why...

hth

michaelk

Hi All,

thanks for the advice - switching the mapping type from perimeter to plane seems to have worked on the upper of the two objects, but not on the low wall adjacent to the ramp, even after creating a completely new object in 2d, and extruding it.

What did work, was to subtract a small part of the wall using the SUBTRACT SOLID function...

This is an exercise I set all of my students every year, and we have never had this problem with previous versions of Vectorworks. This year however, the problem has come up in several instances. The more I use version 2009, the more I like v12.5!

I'm not sure it applies to Vectorworks, but could it be a problem with the direction of the normals - I get this problem quite often in Cinema 4d?

Thanks again.

Nick

Nick, I don't have any problem with getting the two extruded 'walls' to render after I have changed the texture mapping for them from Perimeter to Plane and then back to Perimeter again. I can also get the glass 'wall' to render correctly once I have given it a fill. Have you tried updating to SP5?