Jagged blurry

Assemblage

You almost certainly still have an object a long way from the origin in your file or one of the referenced files. Anything a long way from the origin will cause this effect - even loci or text.

To find the offending objects(s):

- Save View your drawing with a name like 'view all'.

- Make all Classes visible.

- Make all Design Layers visible.

- With nothing selected use Fit to Objects to zoom to the drawing extents.

- This should show you where the problem object(s) are. (Check in Top/Plan View for 2D and hybrid objects. Check in Top and Front Elevation View for 3D objects.)

- Delete the problem objects. (Make sure first that they are not contained within a Symbol or Group as this may cause you to delete information that you need to keep. In those circumstances delete the unwanted portions of the symbols or groups.)

- Invoke the Saved View to return your Class and Design Layer visibilities to what they were.

If all of the drawing is a long way from the origin and page use a similar method so you can select everything and then move it to where the origin and page are located.

This is a problem that crops up regularly where users have imported DWG files. Whenever there is anything located well away from the origin this will cause it to render in this way. Its because when a drawing renders it renders the full extent of objects in the drawing. In extreme circumstances the drawing will not render at all or will be very very slow.

Edited by mike m oz

I have to say this is a mystery to me as well: on my MacbookPro with OSX10.5.8 I can't replicate this problem at all (I used the replacement file). Tried with OpenGL (with Detail set to Low), CustomRW (with Ray Tracing on and off), and other combos all to no avail; I'm not getting the jaggies. I'm just wondering if it is a video driver issue...

Dan J.

Dan, make the Class Viewport-Tender Set visible. There is a referenced Viewport at location X= -530.656 Km and Y = -187.551 Km (-330 mi, -116 mi). This is what will be causing the jagged rendering.

Assemblage's problem will persist until he removes that referenced viewport. (Note: The problem is where it is not what it is.)

Edited by mike m oz

I copied the file, and then methodically deleted each class to see where the culprit was (including the VP). No joy.

I then completely rebuilt the file, as well as the referenced file drawing in the VP, over the origin. It took a while, but the problem has gone - many thanks Mike. I was getting ground down...moral of the story: kick off drawings at the origin in the first place.