poor curve rendering

jeffroyer

Having difficulty getting these curves to render well.

The curves in question are part of a solid subtraction. The item being subtracted is a polyline that includes part of an ellipse.

The 3d res is set to "very high" in my preferences.

The "good" curve in this view - next to the bad curve - is also an extruded polyline like the other - but it is not part of the subtraction and it has a filleted edge.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Thanks Peter.

After I posted this, I went back and did just that to see if the results would be better - and viola! they are.

Guess I am still learning that some objects render well and others don't. The solid subtraction was great for the design process of being able to adjust and manipulate the forms to our liking. Now I have removed them and replaced with the simple extrudes.

Funny that one would render well and the other would not.

thanks again

jeff

Thanks for the input. Had not considered that those solid subtractions would add to the file size. The last thing I need is even bigger files.

Pat - I don't know if I understand your question. But then again, I have been up late working on this project. My 2d polylines looked great before extruding them - if that is what you are asking.

here is the improved version