Hatching across screen after importing dwg file

E Murphy

Question

Hi I tried to help a friend and open a dwg file for her on my Intel Duo Mac using Vectorworks - which did. But now when I open Vectorworks, my working window has one pattern of hatches filling the screen and the ruler in another hatch pattern. I have tried preferences, set up options, de-installing, re-installing, re-running, then deleting and restoring using Utility Disc and Time Machine a few days before the dwg file arrived. I have updated from 11 to 11.01 and then to 11.5 and the only difference is that the hatch pattern changes! I'll soon have easter bunnies prancing across the page before long!

When I try to print, my solid lines appear hatched and the edging also. The plans are not readable!

Can any one assist and help me resolve this problem??

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

I am running Mac OS 10.5.8 and am yet to upgrade to snow leopard for fear of more problems.

7 answers to this question

I have seen this - it happens when the bounding box is not closed. AutoCAD allows you to put a hatch in a shape that is not closed, but Vectorworks lets the hatch "leak" out. Very annoying, to say the least.

You can go back to AutoCAD and edit the shape, or you can edit the shape in Vectorworks, though sometimes it is easier to create a new shape over the old one.