Plant issues

EC1

I am going to post this again as it seems my previous post has not worked. Apologies if it has and you are reading this twice.

I am having the following issues:

I have plants on a page in a viewport, when I add a plant worksheet it just comes in blank and does not add up any of the plants on that page. The plants all seem to have their central cross/dot missing even though the option to show show tick size and style is on. I have tried changing the tick size to a larger one in case it is too small to be seen but this does not make any difference.

In addition on some plants the central tick loci seems to have moved to one side which makes it very difficult to place plants using the place plants at poly vertices mode.

Is this all something to do with the fact I am in a viewport, or is it something else?

Hi Jonathan,

No they are on a sheet layer (in viewport annotations) - is this the problem? The reason I have done it this way is I have to make a number of drawings and have just taken a viewport snapshot of the part of the baseplan I want to show plants on for that sheet. I didn't want to have one main layer outside the viewport with all the plants on it and then viewports going from that as I find the main layer ends up being very slow due to the very large number of plants on it (in this case all the plants for individual gardens of 33 residential units - a lot!). Perhaps there is a different way I could be doing this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding Worksheets for Landmark.

For some reason the Worksheet doesn't have some of the plant categories showing, but the plant is being counted.

Eg. When I place an Annual or Fern in the drawing it's counted but the name of the plant doesn't show on the worksheet.

When I select a Perennial, evergreen or shrub, for e.g., there's no problem...the name and quantity are visible.

I'm fairly new with this program any help would be appreciated. Maybe if some has a plant list you could forward on.

My email is Ecomike1@gmail.com

Thanks,

Edited by ecomike
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

You probably have the criteria set so that it is reporting beds that are on Layer1 AND Layer2 AND Layer3 which obviously can not happen.

What you want is something like:

Type is Bed AND (Layer is Layer1 OR Layer is Layer2 OR Layer is Layer 3)

Using the criteria builder this would end up something like:

Require ALL

Type is BED

Require ANY

Layer is Layer1

Layer is Layer2

Layer is Layer3

HTH.