Sign in to follow this  
lrf

Perpective for Beginners

I've recently began making 3D models in VW Fundamentals. When I add perspective the amount applied is so wild that that the model looks like a distorted load of lines. I've tried the walk through tool and changing the window size but to no avail. Any tips?

It might help to post your file or an image of what you are talking about. Click on the Switch to Full Reply Screen button at the bottom and use File Manager to upload the file.

If you have renderworks with your VW,(I use Designer, I'm not sure what fundementals carries), use a Renderworks Camera. (Visualization pallet) with this, you can play with persepective rendering, focal points, etc. Plus, you can create a viewport around your camera view and put it on a sheet layer for presentation. A good way to make sure you're always looking at your model from the same point or same multiple points.

If you don't have Renderworks, get it. it's awesome :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Set 3D view command to start with, then try the Renderworks camera. Remember that there are some things to remember. when you look up the vertials converge, when you look down, they do the opposite. eye height is important and look toward height is important too.

this is all covered in the Essential Tutorial manual from NNA .

Hi all, I don't have renderworks... yet... I guess that means no renderworks camera tool. Here are the two models I'm trying to get into perspective views usable for sketching over.

Leila

Have you tried Menu Bar>View>Set 3D View? You can draw a line where you want to look from and enter height of where you want to look.