Title Block Hell!

I'm trying to get my title blocks to show the Sheet Number and Sheet Name. I got the Sheet Name to work...as it says in VW Help you can use the _SD suffix and it works....however VW Help states that to show the Sheet Number use SN_ prefix, this doesn't work for me, when I check out the Default Title Block Record Formats they all use a _SN suffix instead? Which is it? I can't get either to work, can't get the Display Drawing List to function either, even with standard US Arch title blocks it is completely blank.......is this related.

PS. I have the 'Use drawing coordination' checkbox checked.......

Vincent, I left a very lonely post about this a little while ago -- I found that contrary to the documentation, it's actually an _SN suffix not prefix, as you also indicate.

The other thing I found is that, again, contrary to the documentation, multi-line sheet titles are NOT supported, even when adding a pound sign to your record field suffix (i.e. "_SD#") -- Automatic Drawing Coordination will simply strip out the extra lines. Furthermore, while edits you make in the title block dialog box will indeed show up in your sheet numbers & titles and vice-versa, if you (like me) make yourself a worksheet that summarizes your drawing set, you will not have two-way functionality, i.e. you won't be able to enter new drawing numbers here.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Markus

Thanks for the Tip Mike! Unfortunately that was not the part that was causing me problems ;)

Thanks Markus that confirms my suspicions ...(didn't see the first post, sorry).

Don't really understand this part though,

if you (like me) make yourself a worksheet that summarizes your drawing set, you will not have two-way functionality, i.e. you won't be able to enter new drawing numbers here.

what do you mean by 'summarizes your drawing set', do you mean a Drawing List Worksheet?

How did you 'pull the record field into a worksheet'? Did you use the Create Drawing List command?

I haven't been able to create a drawing setup (in any way, with any (standard or otherwise)title block) that show up in the Drawing List Dialog.?? Any ideas?Workarounds.

The 2 way functionality from this worksheet would be nice, but is not essential, considering the fact that I do these lists manually in Pages as a separate file at the moment I would be glad for the one way functionality.

Edited by Vincent C

Vincent, all I did was make a worksheet with a database row returning the record format that I used for my custom title block. Before automatic drawing coordination, I could then edit the sheet numbers right here, though not the drawing titles, since I use multi-line titles (I could enter a title in the worksheet, but then it would only be a single line title).

With ADC, I can no longer edit the sheet numbers in this worksheet, but can now edit them in the sheet layer pallette as well as the title block dialog. What this worksheet still is quite useful for is quickly editing the 'drawn by' and 'sheet X of X' fields, rather than having to do this through each sheet layer's title block dialog box.

To obtain these record fields in the worksheet, just select the appropriate criteria for you database row and then enter the formula for the desired record field, in our case "=('whitney arch D TitleBlock'.'S_sheet title#')"

You'll notice that I'm not using the ADC sheet title field, since I still want to use multi-line titles. I think I'll make a feature request for support of multi-line titles using ADC -- I don't see why that wouldn't be feasible, since I can list multi-line titles in the worksheet; I just can't enter multi-line titles there.

By the way, I'm not using this as the drawing index on my cover sheet, though I guess I could easily modify it for this purpose (haven't used the Create Drawing List function yet).