3D views and layers

Recently I've upgraded to Vectorworks 2010 from 2009. Since then I can't seem to get more than one layer to render with their textures. All I get are gray textures. I tried most recently using a camera and I get a wireframe rendering of all the layers together to problem, but when I try and do something like Renderworks with shadows I get the grays as always. That is unless I make one of the other layers active, then I can see that layer properly rendered with the correct textures, but only that layer. Everything else just stays gray. In 2009 I never had this problem, and just to make things more interesting when I open a Vectorworks 2009 file it works the way it used to with all layers rendering the same way. I'm really clueless as to what the problem can be and I'm running out of hairs to pull out. Anybody have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Indeed I have Unified View selected and layers aligned just in case but I don't think that makes much difference in the camera view. The only thing I have checked in the Unified View Options is Ignore Layers with Different Scale. I have Show Others selected and all the layers are set to visible. This is where I got really stumped and started thinking it was something wrong with the install but then it opened the 2009 file just fine.