Solid subtraction and addition editing

Whenever I double click on a solid subtraction to edit it the objects that make up the solid subtraction are either unselectable or appear in a different plane to their selection handles (viewed from top but selection handles appear for left elevation for example). Does anyone else have this issue. Im having several issues with things disappearing (see my other post) so am wondering whether its a hardware issue or a software one. If anyone else has experienced this and found a way round it then please let me know.

Am running hardware tests tonight to check that side of things.

Thanks in advance

Edited by da_muel

I have the same problem when editing solids, the editable objects appear displaced and I can't select them. This often happens when changing views while in the edit mode. I also have problems with PIO's re-setting themselves parallel to the ground plane and I have a feeling that this is connected. I have asked about this before but either nobody else has experienced it or there is no solution.

If you find the problem, and a solution, I'd be eternally grateful.

This only started happening after I upgraded to 2009 and beyond so it maybe something to do with the parasolid side of things....I don't know. What I do know is that it is extremely to frustrating and slows down the workflow inordinately.