Loss of ability to snap

Has anyone encountered the loss of ability to snap a sheet layer viewport of a referenced file? By trial and error, I noticed that I wasn't able to snap on the lines in sheet layer or annotation layer anymore if I move the viewport too far from the point where it came in automatically when I created the sheet layer vp.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Thanks!

I should retract my comments above regarding nested symbols. I've further determined that that, in general, the issues lie within the sheet layer viewports that contain design layer viewports with multiple layer visibilities.

If the sheet layer viewports contain referenced layers only, the snaps work just fine within the sheet layer viewport.

If the sheet layer viewports contain design layer viewports with multiple layer visibilities, the snaps no longer work within the sheet layer viewport.

If the sheet layer viewport contains referenced layers as well as design layer references with multiple layer visibilities, the snaps only work in relation to the referenced layer and not the referenced design layer viewport.

I haven't rolled-back my VW service pack yet, but I could have sworn that this was not an issue prior to SP5.