Users Who Participate Here and Elsewhere

Ken

Do VW users participating in these forums (and the email listserv) have more TIME than other VW users?

Or do they have more problems and questions than most users?

Or are they more at the forefront in using the features and have more at stake than other users?

------------------

-------------

this reply is subject to censorship by NNA administrators

Hello,

What is wrong in your opinion in sharing your knowledge with other people. when you have a problem, you also like to get help from someone instead of searching for hours or days.

Speaking for myself, I am helping people because I know how frustrating it can be when you got stuck with a problem.

And about TIME. When someone react on a problem you mentioned, you spare a lot of time. If you have to search for a solution you do not find on your own, it cost your employer much more than those 5 minutes it takes to put a message on the board.

And about the knowledge of the people here on the board. I am convinced that many of them are very skilled and know where their limits are. Today you cannot know everything. In my opinion it is not weak to ask other people for help. In fact it proves that you are very good because you certainly know what you are doing. Recognizing your limits can save also a lot of money. And while your message is on the board, you can work on something else in the meantime.

Many of us like to drive VectorWorks to its limits. Exploring alternative ways, search for workarounds to get the job done and to be creative is for many of us our daily work. What would our employers do without people who are not afraid of a challenge. Would the bridge of San Francisco exist without the knowledge of so many creative and innovative people? Would N.A.SA. put a man on the moon without people who did not spend their time thinking about solutions for problems they have to face? Would your boss be happy with someone who always says that it is not possible because it is too difficult? I think you have your answer. Did I hear some bitterness in your message or is it my imagination which run wild?

I wish you much fun with your work and I much creativity in forfilling your daily work.

Friendly greetings,

StarGate

Thank you for the reply and comments.

My questions are rhetorical, of course, intended for NNA administrators to show some more appreciation for participants in these discussions. And, of course, we should assume that Stargate's use of the word "you" is in the context of "we."

My own rhetorical answers is, "all the above!"

------------------

This reply is subject to censorship by NNA administrators.

My participation is also subject to elimination by NNA.

Your musings may be rhetorical, but sometimes it is fun to toss in an answer anyway. I see an additional fourth situation. They are people, who like myself, see this board as a valuable learning tool.

It took me three years in college to realize that doing my homework with a group in the library was better than doing it at home alone. I learned more and I learned faster. So, color me slow to learn, but quick to remember. This board is used by those that like to communicate, but more importantly, by those that know it is here.

Based on historical postings, this board was up and running for more than a year before I discovered it. A better question to ask, "How many people that might use this board still do not know of it?" In my humble opinion, NNA would do well to repeatedly get the word out on the existence of this board. We would all benefit from increased usage.

I thank you all for participating. You have taught me much. Thanks also to NNA for maintaining and answering this board.

Raymond Mullin

This board is used by those that like to communicate, but more importantly, by those that know it is here.

Based on historical postings, this board was up and running for more than a year before I discovered it. A better question to ask, "How many people that might use this board still do not know of it?" YES, I'll spend an hour or so sometimes just reading different entrys...there used to be a link on the NNA main page, now you must go to SUPPORT, then Message Boards, hmmm... anyway, Long Live VW!