2010 Label Legend

So I'm drafting a new file from scratch and I've got some real problems with the way that VW is treating Label Legends. In VW 12.5 I was able to create a Label Legend that spun the Channel circle about the unit regardless of how it was positioned. Now when I make a legend and spin the unit around, the channel circle doesn't rotate about the unit. When I tell the manager that the field is non-rotating it doesn't help me out either. I used to have 3 or 4 labels in VW 12.5, one for Source 4's, one for Striplights, one for Parcans. Now do I need to make multiple legends for each unit depending on it's orientation? I hope not...

Thoughts?

Hi, Jeff from Mpls here, having a bit of trouble with label legends myself. Following up on the prior conversation, I thought I had it figured, but not so. I create a label legend with the instrument symbol vertical (pointing up), the channel (in a hexagon) just below the instrument, the dimmer in a circle below that. Both fields are "right reading" and non-rotating is not checked. When I go to apply it to a sidelight hung on SL, facing SR, the channel hexagon moves as I expect (stays at the back of the unit) but the dimmer circle moves to the "front" (the left-hand, SR, side) of the instsrument. Tips?

Also, is there a way to "duplicate" a label legend to use as a base for a new one, as opposed to starting completely from scratch? Or somehow copy one from a fixture where I've moved some stuff around, on the plot?

Hi Jeff!

Hard to say with the first question. Can you post a file w/ the label legend?

2nd question is easier. The label legends live in a folder called "Label Legends" in the Resource Browser. Select the legend you want to duplicate. Right click (or control click) (or click the triangle next to Resources) and choose "Duplicate". Right click on (or...) (or...) the new file and choose "Edit". Pick 2D. And you are in the Edit Layout space. Or you can look in the label legend manager and your new legend will be there.

hth

michaelk

Jeff

Click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen" at the bottom of this page. Then click on "File Manager". It looks like a link at the bottom of that page.

A dialog box appears. Click on Choose File. Navigate to the file. Choose. Click on "Add File". Wait.....

When it's done click on "Done adding files".

Submit.

That isn't obvious? :)

michaelk

well ummmm no that isn't obvious. I will go ahead and send you the file I'm working on.

However I believe I have figured out the mystery of the label legend in question. I'm modifying a plot supplied to me by the venue. It seems that if the position of the channel/circuit fields have been previously modified manually, they won't automatically go into their new positions if you apply a new label legend to the fixture. Which is what I was expecting them to do.

I have run into another piece of weirdness though as I work on this plot, which is that in some cases when I manually move the chan/dim fields around on an instrument in the plot supplied by others, where I haven't replaced the symbol with one I "trust," the entire instrument symbol simply disappears. Is this a class/layer thing?

Take a look - thanks.