3D fillet, dimensions and constraints.

GWS

Question

This is becoming a yearly custom but hear goes.

Please fix the 3D fillet/chamfer tool so that it is included in the history and it doesn't have to be ungrouped and then re-applied when editing.

Please introduce proper 3D dimensions (not just for walls, I find I don't use many walls with machine design, in fact why are they even included in MD)

Please introduce 3D contraints (similar to a "mates" system in other programs) to allow 3D movement of a mechanism. Surely price cannot not still be an issue, I have just discovered a program that does this and the standard version only costs ?89!!!!!!!

Thank you for you consideration.

P.S. I know that VW is mainly used by Architects but please spare a thought for the engineer.

2 answers to this question

Here here on all counts, Guy.

Fillet/Chamfer tools that REALLY work, completely. Long overdue!!

REAL Parent/Child hierachy, constraints, if you prefer (as good/better than C4D or most cheaper CAD or modeling/animation software. i want to be able to rotate a crank shaft and see the con rod follow it and the gudgen pin/piston stay inside the cylinder and all other conected components follow. ESSENTIAL!!! Again, LONG overdue.

3D Dimensioning. ARRRRGGHHHHHH!!! Is it really still necessary to have to keep on, keeping on . . . . and on, asking for another simple basic option for an Essential Tool??

Here hoping.

:)