Viewport vs Layer Link Help

I'm looking for some quick fix here. I have presentation on Sat am and I just upgraded to VW 2010 Architect. I would be classified as a "hunt and peck" user! Regardless in the past for a presentation I would bring my lap top, open a model layer then flyover or walk through a open gl rendering. Usually I would show up with a few preset views. I don't know how to do that with view ports since when I go into crop it reverts to wire frame. It is also very difficult to adjust the view in wire frame for still shots. Can someone help?

Thanks

You can still use basically the same methodology. Two ways: 1) Make sure that "Unified View" is active and that all the relevant layers are visible. This will align everything much like the old layer links did, but without the need to create a layer link. 2) Create a Design Layer Viewport, which is pretty much the same as what you are used to calling a Layer Link. Hope that helps..