Worksheets & database logics

In AutoCAD Data Extraction (something similar to DB rows in VW) there is a tick-box called "combine similar" or something like that. It combines rows with identical cell values and in "Count" column displays total number of identical rows (elements). Is something like that achievable with VW?

The DB row could be like "symbols whose name starts with Elem". Then in DB subrows I'd like to have something like this:

Nr. V1 V2 Count

1 166 4600 7

2 120 3800 2

3 188 5500 4

Nr., value1 and value2 are something that come from elements within symbol definition (sometimes it's achievable by dividing total with count), meantime Count displays number of symbol instances within defined criteria.

I know I can do this by formulas in spreadsheet but having it with DB row would be much more fun!

Guest Frank Brault

The feature that you are looking for might be the 'Summation' icon. With the DB row selected try dragging the small icon marked with 'sum' to the DB column that you want to summarize in this way. This icon is found below the formula bar green checkbox in the active worksheet window.

hth,

Frank, I dare to claim that you are the bestest person on the world! :D

Thank you very much for this hint. This helps me a lot.

I can only ask myself why I didn't notice functionality of Summarize icon before. Giving 2 min Help reading would have saved a lot of time. I can even remember me thinking "what's that Sum icon for" when using sorting icons. Probably it was too simple and I was looking for somehow more complex solution or in other direction, thus being blind to this quite simple and basic functionality.