Sign in to follow this  
POTUS

Viewport Scale is Wrong!!!!

Question

Greetings,

We are trying to print with viewports.

We create a viewport and a new sheet layer from the Design Layer and scale it.

The Design Layer is in scale but the viewport is only in scale if you choose 1:?? type scales. If we try and select fraction scales, ie, 3/16" = 1', etc the scale shows things in inches both on screen and when we print the scale is correct.

It seems like I am missing a simple setting somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

John

6 answers to this question

I noticed that when units are set to "fractional" the printed output is always a little larger in scale then the dimensions show, however, when units are set to "exact as fractions/non-exact as decimals" the printed output matches the dimensions (when checked with an architects scale). In both cases the dimensions on screen match the drawing and are identical.

I do not understand why this happens, can anyone explain this behavior to me?

Have you confirmed this in the same drawing? If so you may want to file a bug submit including the file.

Ray,

Yes I have - simple plan drawn at 1/8" scale, prints on small hp printer, checked both prints with architects scale - one dimensions dead on (fractions/decimals) the other dimensions and drawing about 4 inches off when check by architects scale. Damned if I know why there is a difference in the printed output. How do I do a bug submit?

Actually Ray you can try it yourself and see if you get the same results. Maybe its me who is doing something wrong.

Edited by FRED JOHNSON

Fred

I just tried to duplicate it and wasn't able to get the scale error to occur.

Can you post a simple example?