Tracknall/Mouse Problem

I am running Vectorworks 9.01 in Windows 2000 and after open a drawing I move my Mouse/Trackball cursor over the drawing and text is placed on the screen such as Align V, Align H, Locus, etc

Has anyone else encountered this?

Is there a fix?

It is worse with the Kensington Pro trackball than it is with a generic Mouse

Thank you

Lonnie Alcaraz

The words you're seeing are hints from the VectorWorks SmartCursor, an important and useful feature! The hints speed up the drawing process by helping you identify interesting points on the drawing, directions, alignment with other objects, etc.

If you don't like the hints, you can turn them off in the VectorWorks Preferences dialog. Just uncheck the "SmartCursor Cues" check box on the Edit panel in the preferences.

Also, the cues which appear depend on which constraints are selected in the constraints palette. So you can limit the cues that you see to those that are useful to you by turning on or off some of the options in the constraints palette.

The cues should appear one (or sometimes two) at a time, and each cue should disappear as you move the mouse away from the point where the cue appeared. In some older versions we've seen a bug where bits of the cues remain on the screen after they should have been erased, and this junk accumulates on the screen. I haven't seen that in a long time, however, and I'm not aware of this problem in VectorWorks 9.0.1. If this is what you're seeing, please let us know by sending a description of the problem to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net.

I hope that helps.