Question

I would like the ability to lock/unlock an objects proportions in the Object Info Palette much like you can in Illustrator. This option should default on for imported images. Then you could enter an x dimension and have the y change in proportion. It would also be useful for all sorts of geometric objects, both 2D and 3D.

This functionality already exists for Image Props with the Lock Aspect Ratio checkbox.

KM

Edited by Kevin McAllister
Added tags
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

I understand.

For Images

You can hold down the shift key and drag (i think its the shift )

and it does this tho.

Certainly you can hold down Shift to constrain proportions (I use it all the time), but it doesn't give you the accuracy of the Object Info Palette.

On the topic of using shift, it would be nice if adding Option always scaled around the centre point of an object (try it, it works with a rectangle as an example, but not an octagon).

KM

Option seems to rotate a rectangle, command scales from the center (on a mac) pretty cool, though. gotta learn those keyboard shortcuts....

I'm going to bump this thread. Here's an example of some controls from the new forum :D that are similar to what I'd like in the OIP - a constrain proportions checkbox and dimensions that update in proportion when you type in one dimension and proportions are constrained.... (the search function in the new forum is amazing by the way!!)

Kevin

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 8.11.17 AM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister
Comments about search function
  • Like 1