Vworks compatibility with Corel's Bryce 5.0

I am interested to find out how compatible these two programs are; in particular, I want to use Bryce's landscape, sky, fog and tree functions to spice up my vectorworks 3D models.

Both Bryce and Vworks can dxf files but I am afraid the object being exported will go to wireframe and not retain its solid / texture attributes; but then maybe it depends on which direction one is importing in. Does anyone have experience with Bryce - Vworks interfacing?

You will lose all textures and other such things. Solids exported from VW will turn into triangles; stuff imported from bryce should transfer ok, but to go to bryce you may need to choose the "decompose 3D" option or otherwise reduce your model to 3d polygons.

Using classes and colors in VW to differentiate objects will allow you to select individual elements in Bryce per color/class. They will retain their solid status. Sometimes with complex shapes you have to choose triangulate in the export dialog. I do it all the time (VW 8-9 to Bryce 4-5) with very complex models and it works very well.