Ceilings - best practices?

Turner

Hi all,

Getting back into VW after some time away. Just hobby stuff so I'm not using it every day...

Anyway, can anyone recommend best practices for creating (relatively generic) ceilings?

Besides a "standard" ceiling, I'd like to be able to create a convincing drop ceiling grid as well as know how to create recessed lights in a standard ceiling.

Any help greatly appreciated!

thank you,

Andrew

Hi Peter, and thanks..

But would I be able to insert a symbol of a recessed fixture (or vent, or whatever into some type of ceiling object and have it break the way a wall would?

For the ceiling grid.. I'm assuming, then, I'd have to model it or use a scaled texture? Maybe cumbersome but I'd like to find out how to do it.

Cheers,

Andrew

You will need to actually create the hole(s) in whatever object you use. With a Floor you can use Clip Surface (in top plan view), or with an extrude you can use the same, but will need to double click the extrude first in order to clip the underlying 2d object. After creating the hole(s) you can place a light (or whatever) as desired...