Oblique projection rendering modes

wvancampen

Wow, that does seem to be the case. It turns out that the oblique views are intended only for measuring, in that they show all of the (orthogonal) lines at their actual size (or exactly half scale for vertical (z) lines in the case of 'cabinet'). But, they do greatly distort the image. Maybe they felt such a distorted image would never be worth rendering?...

I've tried with a simple model,

It seem to be the case, that Renderworks doesn't render the model in oblique modes.

I can switch the view to oblique modes, an I can chose Renderworks modes, but the rendering shows the model in orthogonal view.

If I move the cursor arround on the rendered model, i can see the invisible parts of the Oblique Wireframe model by the orange preselection lines...

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

Maybe (to echo willofmaine) because oblique projections are traditionally used for "mechanical" i.e. objective description, there was not felt the need for the naturalistic rendering modes.

But I think they would be useful.

Also, the phenomenon that Horst M. describes makes me think it might be a bug. I will report it.