I can't see my plants

Dennisw

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Dennisw,

First, check to see if you are working in Top/Plan or Top View...you need to be in Top/Plan to see the 2D symbol should be.

Next, if you are in Top/Plan and they still are not showing, then in the resource browser, right click on the symbol you have placed and choose edit, the choose 2D Graphics, this should show the plan symbol you would expect and when you return to the plan, it should be represented as you expect.

then in the resource browser, right click on the symbol you have placed and choose edit, the choose 2D Graphics, this should show the plan symbol you would expect and when you return to the plan, it should be represented as you expect.

Why though would this be necessary?

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar problem: I've created a new 2D plant symbol by duplicating one of the VW defaults (Evergreen Tree) in either the Resource Browser or Place Plant Preferences. The lines comprising the symbol are visible when I select Edit, but the symbol does not show up in either the Resource Browser or in plan view. All my classes are set to "None". The tag shows up and counts the symbols correctly. Thanks for any insights.