Curtain Insertion

Within a drawing I am currently working on I wish to build a group curtains as objects which can be hung on lighting positions as you would a standard spotlight fixture. I can create the curtain fixture as a symbol and hang it as a lighting object the only issue is it then comes up in the LX count amongst the 300 odd lamps already in the rig.

Any suggestions on how to a) make the curtain hang to a lighting position object yet not be counted within the lamp count (a dead object basically) or b) count these curtain objects in a separate count and removing them from the lamp count (a separate curtain counter if you will).

Cheers,

James

James

Interesting idea. I've never tried using the inst insertion tool to force soft goods to "stick" to a batten. Might be able to use the user fields for height and width (and whatever other) data...

There are probably issues that remain unconsidered at this point, but the basic idea should work.

Make your own worksheets or reports, rather than use the default worksheets and reports.

Worksheets would be the easiest and most useful - they work both ways.

First create symbols of the soft goods, attach the Light Info Record, and make a default inst type (like "curtain")

Database criteria would be something like

TYPE is LIGHTING DEVICE and

FIELD VALUE INST TYPE <> Curtain

to get all the instruments.

Create another work sheet, but change it to

TYPE = Curtain to get the soft goods.

Good luck!

michaelk