Vectorworks 2008 on Windows 7 x64

Xander

Question

Hello, I have a copy of Vectorworks 2008 and have been using it fine on my computer, but I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 x64 and now I am having some trouble. When I install VW2008 it goes through the whole thing and says it finished the installation successfully, but when I try to run VW2008, it can't even start the program without crashing. I saw in the common problems section that it doesn't like 64 bit processors, but Win7 has a pretty good 32 bit emulator. I guess my question is what is most likely the problem?

-Windows 7 itself

-64 bit processor

-QuickTime 7.6.5 instead of the old 7.2 or whatever that is recommended

Thank you for any assistance,

-Tim

5 answers to this question

hi, Have just done the same thing: new install of landmark 2008 on a 64bit system, checked quicktime installed vcredist files through the link and no luck.

It ran fine on a 32bit vista set up, now even when running it in xp compatability mode it crashes every time i touch the plant tool in a new file.

Old vwx files from previous projects appear to be immune to the crash problem i can select, add and move plants no problem its just in a new file.

Any help from the forum is much appreciated as i cant yet afford to upgrade so i need to resolve this!

thanks in advance

peter