Label Legends suddenly altering themselves

Hello All!

I have a symptom that arose today that is puzzling and disturbing. Suddenly a Label Legend that I have been using for years is behaving strangely. This symptom is computer specific, it happens with any file on my desktop and does not replicate this behavior with same files on my notebook. I did a complete uninstall per the instructions on the NNA website, including removing all folders and files from the Registry file as instructed.

The color field in my label legend is given a specific width, assigned to wrap text, and has a vertical alignment of bottom. It is designed this way so that if multiple colors are used, one of the will ?wrap? around and appear above of the other. This has worked fine for years; until now. Suddenly the text is wrapping, but does not appear above the other but displays directly on top of the other, i.e. on the same plane or y-axis. The labels remain fine in existing drawings until I refresh the entire drawing, or refresh a single unit. In new drawings the symptom occurs immediately. I And yes, it prints out the same way. Also, this is not only happening to my files and legends. The same thing happened with the ?Label Legend Holder? file that ships with AutoPlot. I have also attached a file with image of symptom

As it is computer specific I am sure that something is corrupted. However, having done a complete uninstall, reboot, re-install and update before testing again only to have the same result I am baffled. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, reactions, or suggestions. I have tried to send a jpeg, but my post keeps getting rejected, which I think is causing the rejection.

Thanks!

Scott

Amazing what a round of sleep will do for you, I have solved the problem! Upon reflection this problem crept up after a crash. Even though I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of VW I maintain my User Data and Preference Folder in a different location than the program folder. When I reinstalled I set the path for these to my usual location BEFORE testing the problem. This morning I realized that this was most likely where the problem was located. After restoring an older version (pre-crash) of these files and settings the problem has gone away. I don?t know exactly which file was the culprit but imagine it must have been one of the VWPluginLibraryRoutines. Either way, another example of why frequent backups are so important!

Thanks,Scott