Custom electrical tool symbols

M5d

In the MEP tool set there are 3 electrical circuit tools (Switch, Receptacle & Incandescent Fixtures) plus a Data Comm tool that I can't find any info on in the no help system. I want to know if it is possible to edit the existing symbols & add new symbols to the tools?

Would like to add a dimmer switch, tube fluorescent lights and edit the receptacle (socket) symbols.

That's strange...

I just grabbed a few at random. When inserted they become receptacle, switch, and IfcLightFixtureType PIOs.

I'm sure somebody who knows about localized versions will be able to shed some light on why that is.

Until then... if they are black symbols, then you can duplicate and edit them at will. You'll have to make your own record format and worksheet/schedules.

But that's more fun :)

I'm sure it isn't a Designer/Architect thing. Designer is just the sum of all the other parts.

Could it be a US/AU thing?

Just looked at Applications/Vectorworks 2010/Libraries/Objects-Building Services/Electrical-Power Devices-Imp

It is not the same as Applications/Vectorworks 2010/Libraries/Objects-Building Services/Electrical-Power Devices-Metric

Imperial has no nested folders, just red symbols.

Metric has nested folders, none of which contain red symbols.

Let's hope the metric red symbols are somewhere else...