Callout Tool Crashing Vectorworks 2010

manicpanic

The callout tool is giving me problems in one of my vectorworks 2010 files. Anytime I try to edit the properties of this tool it crashes, any time I try and edit the text it crashes, and many time when I am creating a new callout it crashes or if not I get the spinning pinwheel for a length of time. This file if contains a very important project and it would be impossible to recreate it. Please help!!!

I'm on a 3.06 iMac with 4Gb of ram running OS X 10.5.7

James

Edited by manicpanic
  • 2 months later...

MY CALLOUT HAS BECOME WORSE AS WELL.

IT CRASHES IF I COPY A CALLOUT FROM ONE SHEET TO ANOTHER, THEN TRY TO ASSIGN THE COPIED CALLOUT TO THE CORRECT SHEET (LEGEND). SPINNING BEACH BALL, THEN CRASH. OSX 10.6.3. I JUST COMPLETED A CLEAN INSTALL AND APPLIED SP3.

IS THIS A KNOWN BUG? KNOWN TO VW, THAT IS.

I didn't have that ticked on mine. Although I do know I ticked it wondering what it did. What I had to do was delete all of my Keynote Legends. But thanks for the tip that led me to the solution to my problem, and hopefully putting an end to any more time wasting.

I don't have any keynote legends but callouts are painfully slow when edited (spinning disk etc). Creating new callouts is fine, problem only occurs when editing. Any help would be much appreciated, drinking lots of tea while waiting for each callout to update!

• 2 weeks later...